About the Campaign
The Shoreline Church first began working in VeraCruz in 2015, when we built a playground for the tiny village of Chicualoque. After deepening our relationship with key people in this community and learning about other needs, we began returning over the next few years to assist in other areas like medical and vision care, construction, and outreach for the hundreds of kids we met.
One of the most important ways God has used us here is to help establish and strengthen a church in the village. Through our connection to one pastor in particular, we are now aware of six additional men who would like to plant churches in the surrounding area. The one church we have invested in over the years is now healthy and growing, and producing new work that will help enrich the lives of more families and bring spiritual and tangible care to more communities.
Our next trip to Chicualoque will be June 27-July 2, 2022. This time, we are incorporating dental care, pediatric care, and counseling in addition to medical, vision, construction, and outreach to kids. We’d love your prayers and can’t wait to see what God does!
Here is a list of items we need for our ministry. We plan to see 80-100 kids each day at the kids outreach, and 50-75 people each day for medical/dental/vision. Please bring any donations to the collection bin in the foyer at church by Sunday, June 5.
- Deflated soccer balls with pumps (Amazon)
- Deflated rubber playground balls for kids with pins and pumps (Amazon)
- 16-foot jump ropes (Amazon)
- Large packages of quick-fill water balloons (Walmart, Amazon)
- Sidewalk chalk
- Crayola crayons – larger boxes 64 or 96 (Walmart has better prices than Amazon)
- Crayola super tip markers – packages of 50 or 100 (Walmart)
- Bubble wands (Walmart)
- Lots of Stickers – small flowers, stars, hearts, crosses, butterflies, bees, frogs, ladybugs, etc. Better to get a lot of one kind than a few of each (Amazon, Hobby Lobby, Dollar Tree)
- Tissue paper squares for crafts (Amazon)
- Glitter glue (Walmart, Dollar Tree)
- Large duffle bags for packing
- Children’s Motrin and/or children’s Tylenol
- Multi-vitamins for adults and children
- Toothbrushes and toothpastes (small)
- Makeup for women—eye shadow, mascara, lipstick (reds, burgundy, darker shades of pink)
- Nail polish (all colors)